I do not have extra cash lying around so when ALL of Spain’s transportation system decides to go on strike, prices go up, and I can no longer travel. Fortunately or unfortunately, my school gave us a 2 week spring break, and now that I am not traveling, I have 14 days with no school or work.
I have 14 days to myself. I have 14 days in the Basque Country. I have 14 days of sun. I have 14 days of free time. I have 14 days to challenge myself and get my butt in shape. I have no more excuses to eat poorly or not workout. I now have NOTHING holding me back.
I never had this much time back home. Ever. I am almost excited to not travel in Europe. You know you are a workout-a-holic when you are excited to work out instead of travel. I decided I didn’t want a normal workout routine. I didn’t want to run for so many miles, do some abdominal workouts, push-ups, and then call it a day. I don’t want to be sore, I want to be very sore.
For example, today (as I write this) is my second day. The first breath I took this morning, I felt my abdominal muscles. I felt my muscles in my core that I did not even know existed. Sigh. I’ve missed this feeling.
And to be honest, I do not have a plan for my next two weeks. I’m bad a sticking to routine plans. BUT, I am keeping a log and will report back to you on what I did (with pictures!).
In the mean time, here are some inspirational links that I found helpful this past week:
- Matt Cutts: Try something new for 30 days [TED]
- 3 steps to actually being productive over spring break [Reflective Happiness]
- 50 bodywieght exercises you can do anywhere [Greatist]
- 5 steps to a headstand [lululemon]
- 22 best exercises for a perfect butt [All Women's Talk]
- 22 plank variations [Best Body Fitness]
- No equipment, no problem: 92 Crossfit workouts without equipment [The Moose is Loose]